Freelance Software Developer (Full-Stack LAMP)
CRC Marketing Solutions, Inc.
Eden Prairie, MN 55346
CRC Marketing Solutions is an integrated marketing communications agency that helps clients unite online and offline communication for impact. In business for more than 30 years, our focus is in three areas — marketing communications strategy, custom web applications, and creative media for a roster of blue-chip accounts. Four key words guide our efforts: passion, innovation, trust, and detail.
We are looking for a freelance object-oriented PHP developer with experience building dynamic, data-driven web applications using open-source technology. The ideal candidate will complement our CRC team, working closely with the creative and development teams on all aspects of software development to produce quality work in a fast-paced environment.
- Write clean, well-documented code that is scalable, easy to maintain, and improves the code-base of our products in meaningful ways
- Develop front-end elements and server-side code using the LAMP stack
- Customize, integrate, and extend open-source content management systems
- Optimize for high performance and responsiveness
- Ensure data integrity and accuracy
- Deliver on project plans and deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Follow agency processes and procedures for routing, testing, and approval
- Four-year degree preferred, with coursework in Computer Science or related field (i.e. Computer Programming, Mathematics, or Engineering) and/or equivalent experience.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Solid understanding of cross browser/cross platform challenges
- Expertise in:
- SQL (MySQL, SQL Server, PostgreSQL)
- Proficiency in:
- CMS (WordPress, Drupal)
- MVC design patterns
- REST-based web services
- Responsive development (mobile apps a plus)
- PSR standards
- UNIX/Linux command line
- Experience with:
- Version control systems
- Bug tracking and project management software
- Collaborative spirit and ability to work well with programmers, business analysts, strategists, designers, copywriters, project managers, and account team members
- Flexibility, eagerness, and curiosity
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and deadlines
- Availability / flexibility to supplement our development team as needed